Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Weight loss goal planning..



I will be blogging today about my weight loss journey till date since i started 4 months back and further plans...This blog is going to be a bit longer as i would brief you about the past journey and I hope u find it useful and something to take away if you are also looking to achieve your weight loss goals and stay fit..i had been writing a separate blog about my weight loss a few months back and you can find it here.

To begin with, I am a 5 feet tall full time (9 a.m to 6 p.m) working woman in my early thirtees, a mom to 4 yo son. My job is completely sedentary and may be i get up only to go to canteen or to the loo..

Before i was married,  i weighed 47.0 kgs (Normal BMI) sometimes going max up to 50 kgs (still normal BMI). The weight stated rising after i had a baby (common post pregnancy problem u may say!) but i do not blame my pregnancy for this at all..the culprit is...my lifestyle..It’s a purely lifestyle problem…..

I tried many fad diets but nothing worked for me..i even went to the extreme of starving myself only to feel lethargic and grumpy and cud not afford that when I am working ..i need the energy to work in office ..

My weight details / journey month wise :

September 2011:  59.0 kgs

October 2011 (mid): 56.3 kgs

October 2011 (end): 53.0 kgs

November 2011: 52.0 kgs (achieved 1st weight loss target. But slow progress…irregular jogging habits)

December 2011: 51.0 kgs (slow progress, completely left my morning  and evening jog. Weight loss was due to high metabolism)

January  2012: 51.7 kgs (Completely no jogging and exercise. Back to irregular and unhealthy eating habits)

February 2012 (second week): 52.0 kgs (Now determined to lower this weight and get going to achieve my 2nd weight loss target)


My weight loss Target:

1st target: 52.0 kgs (from 59.0 kgs) – achieved on November 2011 in 2 months

2nd target: 47.0 kgs (my BMI target is 20.0, still in normal range) further 5 kgs down

3rd Target: Weight maintenance to 47.0 kgs throughout 2012.


Goal setting for weight loss: (since we are already in second week)

7th Feb 2012: 114.4 lbs

14th Feb 2012: 113.0 lbs

21st Feb 2012: 111.5 lbs

28th Feb 2012: 110.0 lbs

6th March: 108.5 lbs

13th March: 107.5 lbs

20th March: 106.0 lbs

27th March: 104.5 lbs

3rd April: 103.0 lbs

(If I stick to these small targets, I can achieve my goal within two month’s time from now…sounds good…but I sincerely hope...It’s equally good to follow...and i know only exercise cannot achieve this alone..i have to keep my calorie intake strictly under control and supervision..

Earlier I used to follow my calories intake religiously along with exercise. I used the programme available here to monitor my daily calorie intake. This site had list of thousands of foods and their calories, most surprisingly, it has many Indian foods listed too which is very rarely available in other sites.

My current weight is 52 kgs or 114.4 lbs. I have calculated my daily calorie maintenance level from here which is 1587 calories per day if I have to maintain my current weight.

I have also calculated how much calories I need to consume to lose 1.5 lbs per week from here and here which comes to 837 calories per day. I have checked the box as sedentary. So if I start exercising too, I can eat much over 837 calories and still lose weight as calories burned during exercise are unaccounted for.

For this whole plan to work, I need to strictly stick to the schedule and religiously follow things which will not throw me off track...I will also be including weight training in the exercise routine…I had been easily able to shed off excess pounds earlier and still feel ca do it.. I need God’s and everyone’s support.. Whatever be the end results, i will be honestly updating every week on Wednesday my weight loss regimen I followed and my weight of the week  for you to read on..

Some of the few changes I did to get myself 15 lbs lighter earlier:

1) Getting up early in the morning at 6.00 am and going for a jog (there is a joggers park near vicinity where i go..) for an hour..and come back by 7-7.30 as i have to get my kid ready for school and i have to rush to office

2) Tea substituted with green tea
)
3) Lunch box is now one box of salads, one box for greens like cooked spinach or methi/fenugreek  or any lentils and chapati (occasionally). Sometimes i skip chapati. A glass of buttermilk as morning snack so i dont fill myself during lunch. evening snack is orange or apple..

4) I come back at 6.00 from office post that at 6.30 i leave for a walk at the nearby park for about an hour..

5) Comeback by 7-7.15 pm and work on getting dinner ready.. i do not have any special diet meals but whatever i cook for other i have the same but the only difference is half the portion i used to have earlier..i do sometimes overindulge during particular occasions and feel guilty later so I am working on my will power..

6) i have started counting my calories and am maintaining a calorie tracker in my mobile appln provided by this website and jot down everything i eat and try to not exceed the weight loss goal calorie..


SO guys, ALL THE BEST TO ME! I may go for a walk today evening after I am back from office…





No comments:

Post a Comment